Partial Financial Sponsorships for Young Engineers
One of the challenges the Pulp and Paper Industry faces going forward is attracting and retaining new, young electrical engineering professionals to the industry. Recognizing this need, the IEEE Pulp and Paper Industry Committee (PPIC) has arranged with the IEEE Industrial Applications Society (IAS) to provide a limited number of partial financial sponsorships for young engineers to attend to the upcoming Annual Conference.
This provides a low cost way for young engineering professionals to experience this forum for the exchange of electrical applications technology relating to forest products based industries. This is a great way to meet other industry engineers, learn solutions to real mill needs, and network with senior professionals from the industry.
What is included?
- Free Conference Registration
- Vendor Exhibition
- One Tutorial
- Meals at the Conference
- Conference Reception
- Free First year of IEEE and IAS Membership
What are the requirements?
The engineer must be a member (or willing to join) of IEEE and IAS. (IAS registration will happen at the Conference)
- IEEE/IAS will reimburse either the student or company for the documented costs of airfare, hotel, conference, and meals up to a maximum of $500 per student.
- Reimbursement will take place after the completion of the conference
A few highlights from the Conference
We begin with the Welcome Reception on Sunday Night, June 12, 2022.
- A selection of great technical papers and some very interesting tutorials will be presented during the Conference.
- Vendor booths will be available to visit throughout the conference.
- The Conference Awards Dinner & Closing Event is a fun event to finish the Conference.
- The PPIC Subcommittee meetings are on Tuesday, June 14th from 12:00pm until 5pm. The subcommittees are where the papers, tutorials, and other topics are generated for upcoming conferences.
We have five subcommittees consisting of: PPIC Subcommittees and their Scope (Click Here)
Click here for the Young Engineering Professionals Program Invitation